k-San Hand Hygiene System Saves 50% Costs
A leading national facilities management company was looking for a supplier to regularly service and refill their bulk fill hand hygiene dispensers across 11 client sites. All the sites had between 300 - 1500 individuals on site. The contract was costed at weekly, fortnightly and monthly visits.
This method of keeping the dispensers refilled and serviced did have some drawbacks.
- Scheduled visits would mean many dispensers were being topped up as opposed to refilled from empty, wasting time and costs.
- Regular disruption from third party service visits - which would also have been during COVID lockdown.
- A contract would be required, tieing all parties into an agreed period.
Most notable problems, however, were with the bulk fill dispensers themselves.
- Poor hygiene - because the pump is built in to the dispenser it's impossible to clean thoroughly, making cross contamination unavoidable.
- Product waste - the dosage isn't controlled meaning the user can use as much as they want; which is often too much.
- Mess - refilling often causes spillages, waste and time spent cleaning.
- Plastic waste- refilling from 5L containers creates an unnecessary amount of plastic waste.
Knighton quoted for the requested refilling and service visits, but they also offered another solution; removing all the bulk refill dispensers and replacing them with the k-San cartridge refill dispensing system. What initially sounded as an unnecessary amount of upheaval and upfront cost had multiple indisputable benefits:
- No product waste - the cartridges would only be replaced when they were completely empty.
- No contract - they could manage the replacement of the cartridges themselves.
- No disruption - from regular third party visits to site.
The facilities management company took Knighton up on the proposal and purchased 700 k-San Hand Sanitiser Dispensers for their 11 client sites. By upgrading from bulk fill to cartridge refill dispensers, the customer achieved further multiple indisputable benefits:
- Facilities management intervention on the sites was reduced by 80%.
- 50% reduction in budgeted costs for the bulk fill servicing schedule.
- 2.5 times more product dispensed than with the bulk fill dispensers.
- The cartridge dispensers have been placed at outdoor locations, unsuitable for bulk fill dispensers.
- Nine months in with the new system and no reported problems - despite heavy daily use
Get your free Hand Hygiene Cost-in-Use product sample pack here to improve hand hygiene for less cost and waste.